River Day is May 29th=- school day volunteers needed.

  • GGM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2007

      River Day Mission Statement:

       River Day is a school-based event that offers informal learning opportunities around the site of our nearby Mystic River. The River Day programs seek to access the skills and talents of community, university, government and public and private institutions. These presenters offer their skills and talents on a volunteer or reduced fee basis to our students for one school day.

      This year's theme for River Day is " Mystic Riverbend Park: exploring our  river's shore. " Our school, The Madeline Dugger Andrews Middle School is located along the Mystic River in Medford.

      How can you help with RiverDay?

      q        By volunteering, and helping during the school day.

      We need lots of adults, as always.  Mark the date on your calendar, and plan to come along and help out. It's a nice day outside, and we have a nice lunch, too.

      q        By creating and presenting a part of the program.

      Along our theme, we hope to have environmental, water, and nature information, games or arts that can connect the kids to the park along the river.

      q       By contacting people or organizations that can participate.

      Who do you know? Its fun to search the internet, or ask your co-workers & friends..

      q       By helping with planning & organizing- as a co-coordinator.  Take the lead this fun program, and help RiverDay to succeed for the kids-this year and next.

      Interested? Have some time? Please share it!

      Contact: Gael Motz (Forrest 7B) at 617-548-7827 or email: motzstars@...