Canoe trip on the Mystic River

  • daraolmsted
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2006
      Mystic River Watershed Association Annual Fingerling Fling: August
      24th, 6pm- dusk

      Join us for a paddling trip along the Mystic River on August 24th from
      6pm-dusk.
      The Fingerling Fling celebrates the life cycle of the fingerling, one
      of the Mystic Rivers smallest inhabitants. These finger-sized young
      River Herring journey to Boston Harbor in late summer, maturing in the
      harbor waters for several years before returning to the Mystic to
      spawn. Join us as we canoe the River in search of these tiny
      treasures. In past years we have also been treated to sightings of
      Great Blue Herons, Green Herons, Black-Crowned Night Herons, swans,
      and other wildlife. Come spend a summer evening exploring the wonders
      of the Mystic River!

      Canoes are provided, but SPACE IS LIMITED, so please RSVP.
      We will meet at the Blessing of the Bay Boathouse, 32 Shore Drive,
      Somerville, directions will be provided. RSVP to Dara Olmsted at
      781-316-3438 or dara@.... Suggested donation of $5. PLEASE
      NOTE: This is a sunshine event, so if it rains, we will have to
      cancel. See you on the river!