RiverDay -bring the kids to the river and they will learn

  • GGM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      Medford's Andrews Middle School, located along the Mystic in Medford
      presented their 3rd annual RiverDay event on May 31st/.
      Photos have been uploaded in a RiverDay album. Many thanks to our
      river-side neighbors who presented the program and made the river more
      accessible through their efforts. This is the next generation of river-
      users and we are working to educate and involve them.
      This year's theme: Boats! Was a group effort!
      These are the organizations that contributed materials, people , time
      and effort to make the Andrew's Mystic RiverDay program a success:
      *RiverSide Yacht Club, hosted 600 students as guests on their docks!
      *Everett Police/Marine Division Patrick Johnston
      *Massachusetts State Police
      *Medford Boat Club, Sailing
      *Marblehead Model Yacht Club
      *Boys & Girls Clubs of Somerville & Medford/canoes from Blessing of
      the Bay Boathouse
      *US Coast Guard Auxiliary, Flotilla 25
      *USS Constitution Museum
      *REI, kayak demonstrations
      *Courageous Sailing Center, loan of 50 PFDs for students
      *Charles River Canoe & Kayak, loan of 50 PFDs for students
      *Andrews PTO parents and friends, volunteers all