Next meeting of the MassCentral Rail Trail coalition June 7th.

  • Craig Della Penna
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 5:41 AM
      hi all!

      The next meeting of the MassCentral Rail Trail [MCRT] Coalition meeting on June 7th will be in 3 parts.  Here's the layout.

      4:00 pm--- First a short business meeting  at Sterling Library program room (located in Sterling Center behind the common--just off Route 12/62.  Wachusett Greenways' art and photo exhibit is also displayed at the library.
      15 minutes--intros and quick updates along the line.
      15 minutes---discussion of our web site [ http://www.masscentralrailtrail.org ]
      15 minutes---discussion of letterhead protocol and advocacy efforts

      4:45 pm ---Then we'll carpool to the trail and do a walking tour of newly constructed sections led by our Wachusett Greenway colleagues.  There will be two or three stops on the tour.   We'll be checking out three trail surfaces and two bridges. ( You can join us along the way if necessary.  Call Colleen's cell 508-479-2123 or Craig's 413-575-2277 to check on where we are.)
      Tour Layout is as follows:

      4:45 First stop.  Meet at the Sterling section at the Gates Road parking lot  Directions:  Gates Road is off Route 12 just across from Mrs. D's candies about 2 miles south of Sterling center.

      5:30  Second stop.  West Boylston entrance to the rail trail.  Directions:  From I-190, exit 5, travel south on Route 140 one mile.  Where 140 turns left, you continue straight ahead to park on the right in about 100 yards.  See cross-bucks with Mass Central Rail Trail  Enter at the green chain link fence.

      6:00  Third and final stop.  River Street, Holden entrance.  Trail entrance is on River Street, just west of the intersection with Harris Street and the bridge over the Quinapoxet.

      7:00 a dinner get together at O'Connor's Restaurant, Route 12, Worcester (at the West Boylston line, just off the I-190 West Boylston exit.   Feel free to come to just the dinner or the tour and the dinner or the business meeting, the tour and the dinner.  Just let me know that your are planning on attending the dinner.  email to craig@...

      Directions to O'Connor's:
      FROM THE EAST  Take the Mass. Pike to the Auburn Exit. Take 290 East through Worcester to 190 North. Take Exit #4 - the West Boylston Exit. At the bottom of the ramp take a right and you will see O'Connor's, ahead, on the left. Or Take Route 2 West to 190 South. Take Exit #4 - the West Boylston Exit. At the bottom of the ramp take a right and you will see O'Connor's, ahead, on the left.
      FROM THE WEST  Take the Mass. Pike to the Auburn Exit. Take 290 East through Worcester to 190 North. Take Exit #4 - the West Boylston Exit. At the bottom of the ramp take a right and you will see O'Connor's, ahead, on the left. Or Take Route 2 East to 190 South. Or Take Exit #4 - the West Boylston Exit. At the bottom of the ramp take a right and you will see O'Connor's, ahead, on the left.
      FROM THE NORTH OR SOUTH  Take 495 to the Worcester Exit / 290 WEST- to Exit 19 - 190 North to exit 4- the West Boylston Exit. At the bottom of the ramp take a right and O'Connor's is just ahead on the left.

      We hope each of the 12 separate groups along the Mass Central Rail Trail corridor will be in attendance. Can I ask the folks listed below to RSVP to me?  [If the point of contact for the various groups, cannot attend, then it would be fine to send someone else in your place.]   It is important for us to have a good showing for this short business meeting.  Please come.

       <>We need dinner reservations by June 4.  Please reply to Craig at craig@... <>

      Thanks!

      Craig Della Penna, Executive Director
      Northeast Greenway Solutions
      P.O. Box 60211 Florence, MA  01062
      Mobile: 413-575-2277; Office: 413-585-8559
      Email:  Craig@...;   Web site: www.GreenwaySolutions.org
      Are you getting our email newsletter?  This is the most complete newsletter for rail trail and greenway development in the northeast.  Let me know if you would like to receive it.

      City or Project NamePrimary Contact for MCRTTitleOrganizationphone EmailCity or Project NameAlternate contactTitleOrganizationPhoneEmail

      Boston/CambridgeDavid WatsonExec DirectorMassBike617 542 2453 daydavid@...Boston/CambridgeDoug MinkBoard memberMassBike6173274489dmink@...
      SomervilleAlan MooreMemberSomerville Bicycle Committee617 457 2829 dayalanjane@...SomervilleJoel BennettFounderFriends of the Community Path617-776-7769joelbennett@...
      BelmontJohn DieckmannBoard Member Friends of the Belmont Greenway617-489-1423 daydieckmann.j@...BelmontDon BeckerCo-ChairFriend of the Belmont Greenway
      Wayside TrailAndy GreenePresidentWayside Trail781-893-6758 homeagreene@...Wayside TrailDick WilliamsonBoard MemberWayside Trail781-981-7857williamson@...
      ClintonFrannie HodgePresidentClinton Greenway Conservancy Trust(508) 467-1912franniehodge@...ClintonJoel FrischBoard MemberCGCT jfrisch@...
      Wachusett GreenwaysColleen AbramsPresidentWachusett Greenways508-829-3954colleen.abrams@...Wachusett GreenwaysEd YaglouBoard Member Wachusett Greenways978-355-2539egyaglou@...
      Hardwick/New BraintreeRick RomanoPresidentEast Quabbin Land Trust413-477-8229doctmano@...HardwickJudith JonesBoard MemberEQLT413-477-8229jcjones@...
      WarePaul HillsDirectorOffice of Planning and Dev. Town of Ware413-967-7136 x186pehills@...WareFrank TripoliMemberTown of Ware Rail Trail Committee413-330-7636tripoli@...
      PalmerSabine PratherTown PlannerOffice of Planning and Development413-283-2605sprather@...PalmerMike MarciniecChairTown of Palmer Planning Board413-283-2605mmarciniec@...
      BelchertownDan FitzpatrickTreasurerBelchertown Land Trust413-323-7150wfitzpat@...BelchertownBill TerryVice PresidentBelchertown Land Trust413-253-3124bterry@...
      NorwottuckMarvin Ward, Ph.D.ChairNorwottuck Rail Trail Adv. Committee413-582-0717mjw-awardlang@...NorwottuckDan O'BrienRail Trail PlannerDCR617-727-9681 x120danny.obrien@...
      NorthamptonCraig Della PennaExec. DirectorNortheast Greenway Solutions413-575-2277 cellcraig4135@...NorthamptonNicholas HortonPresidentFriends of Northampton's Trails and Greenways413-587-0430nicholas_horton@...