Mission Statement

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2003
      I took the liberty of devising the missioin statement from the
      minutes. Please review and comment.

      Mystic Crossing
      Mission Statement

      Mystic Crossing's core mission is to increase the vitality of the
      Lower Mystic Basin thru construction of continuous and accessible
      pedestrian and bicycle connection across the Amelia Earhart Dam. We
      intend to maintain simplicity in realizing the construction, and
      assure consistency of actions with planning for the lower Mystic
      Basin and the goal of increasing access to, across and along the
      river.

      Realizing that this is, first and foremost, a Department of
      Conservation and Recreation project, we will focus on advocacy for
      the dam crossing and its construction in the near future through
      coordinating supporters and acting as a vehicle for communication to
      interest new potential supporters. Our mission includes keeping the
      larger basin wide issues in mind such as future Crossings at Routes
      28, 99 and 16, fish migration, flood control, recreational boating
      and many others.

      Patrick