Re: [MysticCrossing] Digest Number 163

  • Greg Palmer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi Nancy- I just read this Sat. afternoon. Hope your cleanup was a success. I just rode my bike down the path there on Friday- the weeds were out of control. They were so tall I couldn't tell how much trash there might have been along the waterfront. Got to get the DRC weed whackers out there! Cheers, -Greg Palmer/Somerville Bicycle Committee

      MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Help us clean up the Mystic - this Saturday!
      From: "Nancy Hammett"

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:12:41 -0400
      From: "Nancy Hammett"
      Subject: Help us clean up the Mystic - this Saturday!

      Our annual fall Coast Sweep cleanup - postponed due to Katrina - is
      rescheduled for this Sat., Oct. 1st from 9:30 am to noon We will meet at
      the Winter Hill Yacht Club, behind Assembly Sq. in Somerville. Please join
      us to help spruce up the parks along the Mystic River shoreline. We will
      provide gloves, equipment, and light refreshments. You bring your
      enthusiasm and energy.

      The long range forecast is for beautiful weather on Saturday - and what
      better way to enjoy the outdoors than a community cleanup project! Just in
      case the forecast is wrong, our rain date is Sunday Oct. 2nd from noon to
      3:30 pm. Call and check the voice message at 781-316-3438 if you are unsure
      about the plans.

      Thanks to the City of Somerville (our co-sponsor) and to the Department of
      Conservation and Recreation and MA Coastal Zone Management for their
      support.

      See below for directions. Call or email the Mystic River Watershed
      Association if you have questions (781-316-3438 or contact@...).
      And help spread the word by passing on the attached flyer to your neighbors
      and friends.

      Thanks!

      Nancy

      -Greg Palmer