Re: DMF interested

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8 6:46 AM
      Just a random idea on fish passage --

      my 2-1/2 year old is a great fan of the little fishies. It occurred
      to me that the dam would be one of the few places where human and fish
      passages very nearly intersect.

      If there's sufficient fish traffic and visibility to make such a thing
      interesting, it'd be fun to provide a window into the fish passage.
      It could be optical fiber and lenses, or a sonar/fish counter. If
      that's not practical, or there isn't fish activity to make it
      interesting, then heck, just some signage w. a couple of pictures
      would let folks know about interesting goings-on in the river below.

      --- In MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com, APhelps@c... wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > As some of you know, my speciality is "fishes." Brad, Todd, etc.,
      please
      > call me if there is anything specific I can do to help with getting
      better
      > fish passage on the lower Mystic!
      >
      > Anne

    • Patrick
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9 6:12 PM
        I think that's a wonderful idea. Allowing the Dam to be a destination
        as wellas ameans of crossing the river!

        --- In MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Mela" <r.mela@c...>
        wrote:
        > Just a random idea on fish passage --
        >
        > my 2-1/2 year old is a great fan of the little fishies. It occurred
        > to me that the dam would be one of the few places where human and
        fish
        > passages very nearly intersect.
        >
        > If there's sufficient fish traffic and visibility to make such a
        thing
        > interesting, it'd be fun to provide a window into the fish passage.
        > It could be optical fiber and lenses, or a sonar/fish counter. If
        > that's not practical, or there isn't fish activity to make it
        > interesting, then heck, just some signage w. a couple of pictures
        > would let folks know about interesting goings-on in the river below.
        >

        > --- In MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com, APhelps@c... wrote:
        > > Hi All,
        > >
        > > As some of you know, my speciality is "fishes." Brad, Todd, etc.,
        > please
        > > call me if there is anything specific I can do to help with
        getting
        > better
        > > fish passage on the lower Mystic!
        > >
        > > Anne

      • Lisa Brukilacchio
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 10 6:20 AM
          Any of us who have had the opportunity to visit the locks in Seattle, WA
          share a vision of an interactive visual connection to the fish passage. I
          may try to track down information on their set up as an example.

          Lisa Brukilacchio

          wrote:
          > Just a random idea on fish passage --
          >
          > my 2-1/2 year old is a great fan of the little fishies. It occurred
          > to me that the dam would be one of the few places where human and
          fish
          > passages very nearly intersect.
          >
          > If there's sufficient fish traffic and visibility to make such a
          thing
          > interesting, it'd be fun to provide a window into the fish passage.
          > It could be optical fiber and lenses, or a sonar/fish counter. If
          > that's not practical, or there isn't fish activity to make it
          > interesting, then heck, just some signage w. a couple of pictures
          > would let folks know about interesting goings-on in the river below.
          >

          > --- In MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com, APhelps@c... wrote:
          > > Hi All,
          > >
          > > As some of you know, my speciality is "fishes." Brad, Todd, etc.,
          > please
          > > call me if there is anything specific I can do to help with
          getting
          > better
          > > fish passage on the lower Mystic!
          > >
          > > Anne

        • Lanny Evarts
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10 8:03 PM
            Lisa and all,

            I'm from Seattle. The locks are a wonderful destination very popular and
            economically profitable for the neighborhood. We always took our
            out-of-town visitors there for a unique experience. I've been advocating
            quietly for Erhart to be open to the public since moving here.

            Lanny Evarts

          • tower@ai.mit.edu
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 11 10:26 AM
              Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:20:21 -0500
              From: "Lisa Brukilacchio" <lisa.b@...>

              Any of us who have had the opportunity to visit the locks in
              Seattle, WA share a vision of an interactive visual connection to
              the fish passage. I may try to track down information on their set
              up as an example.

              Lisa Brukilacchio

              Anyone know if the water in the Mystic is clear enough to make an
              interactive visual connection worhtwhile?

              If it's so murky, you can only see a few inches, an underwater camera
              wouldn't show much.

              thanx either way -len