Mystic TREE talk - next Wednesday in Medford

  • Janet Kovner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2005
      All,
      I wanted to let you all know about a talk next Wednesday. Please see the announcement below.
      I hope that you will join us - Tom Brady gave this presentation about 4 years ago and it was extremely informative.
      so if you are thinking about spring (despite yet another snowstorm), and curious about protecting the health of our street trees,
      join us - 7pm, next Wednesday, in Medford.

      Thanks,
      janet

      "The Role of the Urban Forest in the Mystic River Watershed."
      Wed, March 16th, 2005, 7pm, Community Room, Medford Public Library (111 High Street, Medford Sq).

      Are you curious about the role that trees play in our urban environment?
      Tom Brady will present a talk entitled "The Role of the Urban Forest in the Mystic River Watershed."
      Mr Brady will discuss how much of the construction activities which take place each day have an adverse impact on our 'Urban Forest' and our watershed, and how some simple steps can be taken to ensure the "Urban Forest' is here and in good health for the next generation.

      Tom Brady is the Conservation Administrator and Tree Warden for the Town of Brookline and Past President of the MA Tree Wardens and Foresters Association, Eastern Extension Center.

      This talk is part of the Mystic River Watershed Association's annual Winter Speaker Series.  Our talks are free and open to the public.  Voluntary donations are welcome.  For information or directions: 781-316-3438,  janet@... or check our website at: www.mysticriver.org