Re: [MysticCrossing] Recording our list of supporters - please record your data

  • Howard Stranger
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2003
      Hi Bryce,

      Please a Bike to the Sea to your list of supporters.  The following letter was written to Commissioner Abbott:

      BIKE TO THE SEA

      Malden, Massachusetts  02148

      November 24, 2003

      Commissioner of Conservation and Recreation

      Kathy Abbott

      251 Causway Street, Suite 600

      Boston , MA  02114

      Dear Commissioner Abbott:

      Bike to the Sea is a non profit organization which promotes bicycle safety and also has the mission of establishing a multi-purpose trail on the unused Saugus Branch of the MBTA.

      Our organization enthusiastically endorses the renovation of the exiting walkway over the Earhart Dam.  Initially this would provide safe easy pedestrian and bicycle access from Everett to Somerville .  Ultimately when our trail and other trails are completed, this renovation will add to a network of trails which will allow access from Lynn to Boston to Bedford .

      It is also our contention that this passage will enhance the travel between these communities.  It will also add business capital to each city and town while enhancing the public health through the added opportunity for use of multi-purpose trails.

      Sincerely,

      Howard D. Stranger, D.C.

      President, Bike To The Sea

      bryce_nesbitt <bryce1@...> wrote:
      Everyone please take a look at:

      I've started listing organizations that have pledged support for the
      Mystic Crossing.  Support may take one of several forms:

         1) Vote (vote of organization was taken)
         2) Letter (they wrote us a letter)
         3) Email (they just sent email saying it was ok)
         4) Verbal (committment via telephone)
         5) "--" (no contact has been made yet)

      If you helped recruit an organization, please record the information
      in this table.  If you want to volunteer to make a contact, check for
      an entry where the type of support is blank "--".

              -Bryce

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      click here

      Do you Yahoo!?