Abbot, Romney, MHD, Snow

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2005
      Looking at the Globe articles it appears that Romney wants parkway
      plowing turned over to the MHD but have sidewalk snow removal remain at
      DCR. I'm not sure how that solves the sidewalk problem.

      Further, if the DCR is responsible for sidewalks along the parkways,
      who's responsible for sidewalks along state highways (e.g., Rt 60 )? If
      the MHD is responsible, then how are they performing?

      Also, is Rt 28 DCR or MHD responsibility?

      Thursday is predicted to bring 6 to 12 inches around Boston. It'll be
      interesting to make note of (and photograph) what happens.
    • Jon Niehof
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2005
        > Further, if the DCR is responsible for sidewalks along the
        > parkways, who's responsible for sidewalks along state highways
        > (e.g., Rt 60 )? If the MHD is responsible, then how are they
        > performing?
        Presumably whomever is responsible for the roadway, although
        they will often deflect responsibility to the property owner or
        tenant for areas that run along private land (public land, in
        those situations, appears to never get covered).

        Rte 60 in Medford is local responsibility. 28 is DCR.

        http://web.mit.edu/jfc/www/maps/towns/

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo