Mystic Fish talk - next Wednesday

  • Janet Kovner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2005
      All,

      Here is a good opportunity to learn about fish in the Mystic. I hope to see you all there-
      (and please don't hesitate to pass this information around - thanks!)

      wishing you all a healthy New Year!
      (and apologies for the duplicate messages)
      janet
      --------

      Wednesday, January 12th, 2005.  7pm.  Community Room, Robbins Library (700 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington Center)

      Karsten Hartel will present "Freshwater Fishes of Massachusetts: the Mystic and Beyond."  Mr Hartel will explore the various groups of Massachusetts fishes and review what we think is still in the Mystic.

      Karsten Hartel has been Curatorial Associate at Harvard's Museum of Comparative Zoology since 1975.  The talk will be based on his recent book "Inland Fishes of Massachusetts" published by Massachusetts Audubon Society.

      This talk is part of the Mystic River Watershed Association's annual Winter Speaker Series. Our talks are free and open to the public. Voluntary donations are welcome.  For information or directions: 781-316-3438,  janet@... or check our website at: www.mysticriver.org

      Janet Kovner

      Director of Stewardship and Outreach

      Mystic River Watershed Association

      781-316-3438