Cc: Charlestown Waterfront Coalition Nov 19th Letter

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2004
      The Charlestown Waterfront Coalition
      P.O. Box 290563
      Charlestown, MA 02129

      Michael Mulhern
      General Manager,
      MBTA Transportation Building
      10 Park Plaza
      Boston, MA 02108

      Katharine Abbott
      Commissioner,
      Dept. of Conservation and Recreation
      251 Causeway Street
      Boston, MA 02114-0104

      November 19, 2004

      Dear Sir & Madam,

      The Charlestown Waterfront Coalition supports with great pleasure the
      EPA/MBTA plan to provide a Mystic River’s water’s edge easement
      [behind the MBTA Bennett Garage, from Route 99 to Assembly Square].
      We believe the community benefits from that plan are incalculable, and
      we urge you to complete the planning effort required in a timely
      manner. It is our understanding that the deadline for completing the
      plan has been extended, and we urgently request you to meet the deadline.

      In closing, please know how encouraged we are by the community
      responsiveness of DCR staff.. The last months have been most refreshing.

      Sincerely,

      John R. Benson,
      Chair

      CC Karst Hoogeboom, Dan Driscoll, Senator Jarrett Barrios,
      Representative Eugene O’Flaherty, Mystic River Coalition
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2004
        I'm looking at the map on http://pathfriends.org/. Really drives home
        just how nicely the Charlestown path ties into into MysticCrossing/B2C.

        If it happens we wind up with a nearly direct route from Medford, Malden
        and Everett to Cambridge (incl. Kendall) and downtown Boston. What a
        fantastic way to beat traffic. I bet it'd get a LOT of use.