Re: Summary of meeting with DCR Commissioner/Planner Dan Driscoll

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 22, 2004
      Note: The MBTA has proposed a substitue project... a path directly
      from Draw 7 to Sullivan Square, along the east side of the railroad
      tracks and through the junkyard.

      This route has one advantage -- it is more direct for MBTA bound
      commuters. I worry about personal safety here, and about the
      practicaily of crossing the roadway. It is a very isolated spot.

      The river's edge path is visible to boaters (potentially) and all the
      traffic on route 99.

      -Bryce

      > The logic here continues to elude me. The present situation requires
      cyclists and others to take a route that has numerous potential
      hazards, and the width of the proposed Path is zero, i.e. it doesn't
      yet exist. It seems to me that even a less-than-optimal width would be
      a vast improvement over the current situation. What is the proposed
      width, by the way, and what width is considered optimal?