FW: Mystic Clean-up Sat Oct 23rd

  • swinslow@ci.somerville.ma.us
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2004
      From: Zack Harlow-Nash [mailto:tufts@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 1:50 PM
      Forwarded by: SWinslow@...
      Subject: RE: Mystic Clean-up

      Make A Difference Day River Clean Up
      Saturday, October 23, 11-2pm

      Make A Difference Day is a national day of service that invites
      citizens to come out and make a difference in their communities. On
      this day, Massachusetts Community Water Watch will be organizing
      river clean ups at 8 urban locations around the state. We are
      expecting more than 500 volunteers to turn out across the state.
      Boston area location: The Mystic River Basin Trail- this is a 2.5
      community path along the Mystic which is in need of a lot of help.
      The meeting point for the clean up is the Blessing of the Bay
      Boathouse, at 32 Shore Dr. in Somerville.
      For a map of the location and general directions go to:
      http://www.mysticriver.org/amra/pamphlet.html
      Supplies and Food will be available, but bring your own boots,
      gloves, tools, etc. if you have them.
      It should be a fun and productive day, so come join us.
      Contact: Zack at 617-627-2973, or tufts@... with
      questions or to get on the contact list (in case of bad weather)
      Rain Date: Sunday, October 24, 11-2pm

      Thanks again. If this is too much info, edit as you please. I
      really appreciate it.

      zack

      Zack Harlow-Nash
      Water Watch Organizer