Solstice Walk NEXT MONDAY eve AND 3 opportunities to canoe the Mystic this summer

  • Janet Kovner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2004
      Join us . . .

      §         Mon, June 21st, 6pm -dusk. Summer Solstice Sunset Stroll. Join us at Bellevue Pond, in the Medford section of the Middlesex Fells, as we celebrate the summer solstice and explore local fauna and flora. We'll also walk up to the tower to see the sunset.  Light snacks will be provided.  For information or directions: Please call the Fells office at 781.662.2340 or Janet at 781-316-3438 or janet@... or check the calendar page of our website: www.mysticriver.org  Co-sponsored by Friends of the Middlesex Fells Reservation & Mystic River Watershed Association.

      SAVE THE DATES for 3 upcoming CANOE TRIPS along the Mystic River - here are the details: -
      Mystic Meanders - Canoe the Mystic River  6pm - dusk.  Blessing of the Bay Boathouse.  32 Shore Drive, Somerville  (near Mystic Ave and Route 28).  Join us for one or more paddles along the Mystic River .  Canoes are provided.  Space is limited – reserve now-  and please note:  if it rains, we will cancel.
      §        Thursday, July 8th:  $5 / person.
      §        Thursday, August 12th: 6th Annual Fingerling Fling. Look for the young river herring as a follow-up to last spring's Herring Run.  Free.  Donations welcome.  The Fingerling Fling is supported by Alewife/Mystic River Advocates.
      §        Thursday, September 9th: $5 / person
      Please RSVP: John at  j_gillette@... or (617)628-4665  or stop by the Boathouse after June 28th to sign up (617)623-6137.  Directions: (781)316-3438, janet@... or www.mysticriver.org

                  Co-sponsored by Alewife/Mystic River Advocates, Boys and Girls Club of Middlesex County , Mystic River   Watershed Association.

      I hope to see you at one or more of these events!

      Janet Kovner

      Director of Stewardship and Outreach

      Mystic River Watershed Association

      Fax: 781-641-2103