RE: [MysticCrossing] Mystic Crossing table?? at MYSTIC HERRING RUN FESTIVAL

  • EPDMARINE
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2004
      Message
      Hi Janet,

      Kent from Tufts is going to set up the Mystic Crossing Table. I have asked him to get the posters from the Catherine Smith at the EPA and create handouts if needed from the yahoo site info. Of course, we welcome anyone to come help staff the table.

      Date: SUNDAY, May 2nd, 2004.
      Time: 1pm - 5pm   (The 5K run will start at 2pm.  Pre-festival
      Paddle Race, 11:30am.
      Place: Blessing of the Bay Boathouse, Somerville  (32 Shore Drive,
      in the Ten Hills section of Somerville, near Mystic Ave and Route
      28 - and right ALONG THE MYSTIC RIVER)

      One of the highlights of the Festival is the 5K ROAD RACE along the
      banks of the Mystic River in Somerville and Medford.  In addition,
      this year, we are offering a PRE-FESTIVAL PADDLE RACE at 11:30.  In
      addition, the Festival will include BOAT TOURS, KAYAK DEMOS, nature
      tours, music, art and educational exhibits, and other activities for
      adults and families.

      *** Please let me know if you are interested in joining other local
      groups and having a display.  SPACE is LIMITED, and will be reserved
      on a first come, first served basis.   ****We are asking for a $10
      donation for tables to defray costs.****

      This year's event is co-sponsored by the Alewife/Mystic River
      Advocates, the Boys and Girls Club of Middlesex County, City of
      Somerville, Mystic River Watershed Association, Mystic Watershed
      Collaborative, and University College of Citizenship and Public
      Service at Tufts University, with support from local groups.

      For more information, or to reserve a table space, please contact me
      at 781-316-3438 or  janet@...

      We hope that you will join us and help us celebrate the Mystic's
      resources-  and we would also appreciate your help in "spreading the
      word" about the Mystic Herring Run Festival.  (There are also many
      volunteer opportunities available.)

      Thanks so much
      Janet

      Janet Kovner