Letter to Kathy Abbott

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2004
      Hi All,

      I hope this finds you all well and ready to continue our task in
      providing a Mystic Crossing. I've uploaded a copy of the letter to
      Kathy Abbott from the Everett and Somerville Mayors. Please read this
      and the minutes of our last meeting in the files section of the yahoo
      group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MysticCrossing/files/). We need
      to have all organizations write a form of this letter on your
      letterhead and mail to Ms. Abbott in support of our goal of a simple,
      cost effective and efficient crossing on the Earhart Dam.

      We are also hoping to get a good turnout for the "Walk of Incomplete
      Paths or You Can't get There From Here" scheduled for April 24th. We
      are planning a media event on the river at the dam when the walk gets
      to the Everett side of the dam. Two boats will embark from opposite
      shores and meet in the middle of the dam where city officials from
      Everett and Somerville will complete the connection by shaking hands
      with the hope that soon they can connect without the boats. Print and
      television media will cover the event from the Everett Police Boat.
      Come join us!

      Remember, one of the hardest times to continue advocating for a
      project is when it's had a few small successes and received some
      funding. Our job at the dam is not finished yet!

    • ivey stjohn
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2004
        Patrick,

        Will you do me a favor and copy over the letter into the email. I have dial
        up and the internet site takes an incredibly long time....and I am short of
        time.

        Do you have a poster for the 4/24 walk yet? If so, can you email it to me.
        Please?

        Ivey