Re: FW: Walk along the Mystic River

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
      You'd walk 1.6 miles here to travel downstream by .35 miles.
      -Bryce

      --- In MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com, "Bryce Nesbitt" <bryce1@o...>
      wrote:
      > When you're at Draw 7 park, you might also stare longingly along the
      > Mystic River, toward Charlestown. Through the chain link fence you'll
      > see an MBTA rail yard and bus yard that extend right to the river
      > banks. You may see buses parked just a few feet from the river.
      >
      > While here, imagine what it might have been if the MBTA rail yard had
      > been built after Chapter 91 regulations were implemented (Chapter 91
      > requires public access as part of most waterfront development).
      > Instead, you'll turn around and walk the long way to Sullivan Square
      > MBTA.
    • Bryce W Nesbitt
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
        Here's a picture of the route you described, along with potential new
        linkages worthy of highlighting on the tour.
        -Bryce
      • WalkBoston
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2004
          On 3/1/04 11:52 PM, "Bryce W Nesbitt" <bryce1@...> wrote:

          > Here's a picture of the route you described, along with potential new
          > linkages worthy of highlighting on the tour.
          > -Bryce

          Thanks, Bryce, for the map.

          The route looks pretty good, thanks to the help from the Everett Police
          Marine Division. In looking at the route, we had not contemplated walking
          through residential Somerville, but that might be a better idea than
          crossing the parking lots of Home Depot and the Mall.

          Bob