Re: Press Clipping: A Path Taken

  • Leonard H. Tower Jr.
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2004
      Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:31:34 -0800
      From: Bryce W Nesbitt <bryce1@...>
      Subject: Re: Press Clipping: A Path Taken

      Please don't post the full text of copyrighted news articles to the list
      serve. That's a violation of copyright law. Instead, please provide a
      link.

      It may or may NOT be a violation of copyright law.

      The law allows fair use of copyrighted material for a variety of
      purposes.

      The copyright law also allows the copyright owner to specify how their
      copyrighted material can be used. Some owners grant wider use, often
      much wider use, then the default granted by the copyright law.

      thanx -len
    • epdmarine@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 23, 2004
        I called the Globe electronic reprint department and was told the following:
            *Emails of an entire article is not a violation if you include the trademarks, copyrights etc.
            *However if the email is stored on a site (like the yahoo group) it must be deleted after 30     days
            *Links to articles (email this article to a friend) is recommended option as the link expires     after 30 days.

        I will be deleting the full text articles currently on the site.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 23, 2004
          The Globe's reprint policy is outlined here:
          http://www.boston.com/help/bostoncom_info/reprints/
          Basically, individuals are welcome to keep a clipping file of Globe
          articles, but not to republish them. Web republishing is $500/year per
          article. Story links are free for 30 days.

          Keep in mind that the Mystic Crossing group has received favorable
          coverage in the Globe -- I worked quite closely with Anthony Flint on
          the recent articles. Why jeopardize that good relationship?
          -Bryce