Press Clipping: A Path Taken

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2004
      Boston Globe: NEWS IN BRIEF: A path taken
      2/15/2004

      Construction of a long-dreamed-about bike path across the Mystic River
      at the Amelia Earhart Dam is under way.... "It will help make the path
      more viable because it will actually lead somewhere," said Mark Horan,
      Mayor Joseph Curtatone's spokesperson....

      http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2004/02/15/a_path_taken/
    • Bryce W Nesbitt
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2004
        Please don't post the full text of copyrighted news articles to the list serve.  That's a violation of copyright law.  Instead, please provide a link.

        epdmarine@... wrote:

        Construction of a long-dreamed-about bike path across the Mystic River at the Amelia Earhart Dam is under way.

        Great press release, posting it in full for archival purposes.

      • Leonard H. Tower Jr.
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 23, 2004
          Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:31:34 -0800
          From: Bryce W Nesbitt <bryce1@...>
          Subject: Re: Press Clipping: A Path Taken

          Please don't post the full text of copyrighted news articles to the list
          serve. That's a violation of copyright law. Instead, please provide a
          link.

          It may or may NOT be a violation of copyright law.

          The law allows fair use of copyrighted material for a variety of
          purposes.

          The copyright law also allows the copyright owner to specify how their
          copyrighted material can be used. Some owners grant wider use, often
          much wider use, then the default granted by the copyright law.

          thanx -len
        • epdmarine@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 23, 2004
            I called the Globe electronic reprint department and was told the following:
                *Emails of an entire article is not a violation if you include the trademarks, copyrights etc.
                *However if the email is stored on a site (like the yahoo group) it must be deleted after 30     days
                *Links to articles (email this article to a friend) is recommended option as the link expires     after 30 days.

            I will be deleting the full text articles currently on the site.

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 23, 2004
              The Globe's reprint policy is outlined here:
              http://www.boston.com/help/bostoncom_info/reprints/
              Basically, individuals are welcome to keep a clipping file of Globe
              articles, but not to republish them. Web republishing is $500/year per
              article. Story links are free for 30 days.

              Keep in mind that the Mystic Crossing group has received favorable
              coverage in the Globe -- I worked quite closely with Anthony Flint on
              the recent articles. Why jeopardize that good relationship?
              -Bryce