Re: [MysticCrossing] Digest Number 50

  • WalkBoston
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2004
      On 2/14/04 6:08 AM, "MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com"
      <MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. re Posting messages- and a thought about walks and the dam
      > From: "Janet Kovner" <janet@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:58:08 -0500
      > From: "Janet Kovner" <janet@...>
      > Subject: re Posting messages- and a thought about walks and the dam
      >
      > One quick question re responding to Mystic Crossing emails -
      > When posting a new message, I am wondering if we could all try to excerpt
      > the message that we are responding to as opposed to just hitting reply -- ?
      > As someone who gets the Mystic Crossing messages in Digests, it is very hard
      > to find the new messages- as each past series of messages is repeated
      > several times.
      > Thanks!
      >
      > ------------------------------------
      > also, re: Bob Sloane's question in the following post -
      >> I've had a couple of email exchanges with Steve Winslow about a WalkBoston
      >> event to view the Dam, the Draw 7 park, the various walkways that exist
      >> along this area of the Mystic and the missing links. Steve suggested a date
      >> of April 24, rain date April 25 for this event. Is there any way this could
      >> fit in with what others are planning for the spring in and around the Dam?
      >>
      >> Bob Sloane
      >> WalkBoston
      >>

      > I had two thoughts about Bob's post -
      > one, MyRWA, MA Water Watch (and I hope other local groups) are planning a
      > cleanup at the Blessing of the Bay Boathouse on Sat April 24th- from
      > 10am -1pm
      > -- so I had one thought that perhaps Bob and Steve's idea could be a
      > follow-up to our cleanup- ??
      > and the other thought was the Mystic Herring Run Festival - on Sunday, May
      > 2nd- also at the Blessing of the Bay Boathouse (from 1-5pm) - we are
      > hoping to organize walking tours both leading up to the event at 1pm - and
      > as part of the event- (I realize that Bob and Steve are probably considering
      > a longer series of walks that look at all of the links-
      > but perhaps there might be some tie-in?? (we are also thinking of the
      > Herring Run Festival as part of a larger series of events to continue to
      > bring attention to the area - -)
      >
      > just some thoughts.
      > Janet

      Janet -

      Thanks for your ideas. I think we definitely should coordinate our efforts
      for April 24 - i.e. you should proceed with your cleanup plans for 10:00 to
      1:00 and then we pick up with a two-hour exploration of the dam area and
      river paths at about 1:30.

      Is there any possibility of an actual visit to the dam? Probably not
      actually having a group crossing it, since there are guardrail issues. Has
      anyone approached the DCR to ask for permission or for their help in or near
      the dam or on the riverfront paths??

      One other possible addition - Medford apparently has a new
      bicycle-pedestrian group called something like "Medford Bipeds." (Great
      name!) We will probably want to include them in this planning. I have some
      information from Ken Krause about the group, including some of the
      principals in it. Shouldn't we add them to the ongoing discussions?

      As to May 2 - we probably cannot help much as we have other walks planned
      for WalkBoston to lead in other areas throughout the spring. but never say
      never!

      Bob Sloane
      WalkBoston