Re: [MysticCrossing] Digest Number 46

  • WalkBoston
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2004
      On 2/10/04 6:27 AM, "MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com"
      <MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > There are 6 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. RE: Digest Number 44
      > From: APhelps@...
      > 2. Meeting Date?
      > From: "Gillespie, Jason" <Gillespj@...>
      > 3. Re: making Draw 7 higher profile
      > From: Bryce W Nesbitt <bryce1@...>
      > 4. Re: Digest Number 44
      > From: DavidD/JaneS <davdjans@...>
      > 5. RE: Meeting Date?
      > From: sobrien@...
      > 6. Open Meeting - DCR Commissioner Abott, 2/11/2004, 7:00 pm
      > From: MysticCrossing

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:20:19 -0500
      > From: APhelps@...
      > Subject: RE: Digest Number 44
      >
      > How about a "Dog in the Park Day"? Draw 7 park is a favorite hangout for
      > dog-walkers, professional and individual.... So that's nothing new, but
      > there are lots of dog-owners, and you could have dog judgings for smallest
      > and largest, best groomed, worst-dressed, and other silly things.
      >
      > Anne

      I've had a couple of email exchanges with Steve Winslow about a WalkBoston
      event to view the Dam, the Draw 7 park, the various walkways that exist
      along this area of the Mystic and the missing links. Steve suggested a date
      of April 24, rain date April 25 for this event. Is there any way this could
      fit in with what others are planning for the spring in and around the Dam?

      Bob Sloane
      WalkBoston
    • epdmarine@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2004
        Hi ,

        Anne, I love the idea of a Dog Day..perhaps late in the summer? We could get the Everett and Somerville Animal Control Officers to get the spay wagon and perhaps the Animal rescue Leaugue to participate as well.

        Bryce, As much I would like to have people on the dam sooner than later, I think a temporary crossing would be too dangerous for the public and upsetting to the facilty operators (mangement and staff). Please call me and we can get together to view the dam and discuss this and other issues.