RE: [MysticCrossing] Digest Number 44

  • APhelps@ci.somerville.ma.us
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2004
      How about a "Dog in the Park Day"? Draw 7 park is a favorite hangout for
      dog-walkers, professional and individual.... So that's nothing new, but
      there are lots of dog-owners, and you could have dog judgings for smallest
      and largest, best groomed, worst-dressed, and other silly things.

      Anne

      From: "Bryce Nesbitt" <bryce1@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 04:32:34 -0000
      From: "Bryce Nesbitt" <bryce1@...>
      Subject: Events where people can walk on water

      As Anthony Flint wrote in the Globe, Draw 7 park and the Earhart Dam
      are "among the least known features in the Boston area". Can we
      change that?

      What festival or event could be attracted to Draw 7 park?
      What run or walk could go over the dam, under a special permit?

      With a high enough profile event, there's be a good case to the DCR
      for a one-time opening of the dam top. Temporary ropes and extra
      personell would help manage the traffic, and compensate for the
      deficiencies of the current crossing. Any ideas? "Take me to the
      River", and beyond?

    • DavidD/JaneS
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2004
        For some pictures of the Reclamation Artists work at Draw 7 and
        elsewhere at Assembly Square check the link below. I put together this
        page a few years ago.

        http://www.mysticview.org/0w-0525-rec_artists.htm#0525-rec_art

        JaneSauer

      • epdmarine@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2004
          Hi Wig,

          I would love to have a copy of that Red Tailed Hawk in Somerville. Is it in digital form? Could it be emailed? Perhaps posted on the Mystic Crossing group?

        • Wig Zamore
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2004
            Yes, it is in digital form - about a .5 megabyte jpeg and I can e-mail it.  It can be reduced by many photo software programs including Photo Elements if desired.  I will not be able to look for it for a few days but will get on it after that asap.  Regards, Wig