Instructions for writing letters of support

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2 9:16 AM
      The Mystic Crossing can always use letters of support, especially from
      local organizations and commissions, and especially since the previous
      round of letters presumably were burned along with Patrick's house.
      Short letters are better than long letters. Any letter is better than
      no letter.

      Supporters should be recorded in the database at:
      This database is very easy to use, just fill in the blanks.

      -Bryce Nesbitt
      http://www.pathfriends.org/

      A template for a letter is here:
      Kathy Abbott, Commissioner
      Department of Conservation and Recreation
      251 Causeway Street, Suite 600
      Boston MA 02114-2104

      INSERT_DATE

      Dear Commissioner Abbott;

      We are writing in support of the recent proposal to open the top of
      the Amelia Earhart Dam to public access. Our organization,
      _________________ works to do _____________________.

      The opening of the Earhart Dam to pedestrians and bicyclists presents
      an amazing opportunity to create a meaningful recreational, as well as
      commercial connection between Everett and Somerville as well as the
      entire Lower Mystic Basin.

      Our members will benefit because of
      ______________________________________. We support the idea of a
      crossing because of ____________________________.

      Sincerely,
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Cc:
      Patrick Johnston
      Everett Marine Security Patrol
      32 Gladstone Street
      Everett, MA 02149
    • DavidD/JaneS
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2 12:17 PM
        Wouldn't the people and organizations that wrote the letters of support
        have their own copies of the letters they wrote? Any organization I have
        ever been in has kept a copies of letters it writes. It wasn't that long
        ago that these letters were written. Couldn't the people who wrote the
        letters just make copies of the copies of their letters and submit them
        for a new file of copies of the letters?

        --Jane Sauer