56Re: [MysticCrossing] Re: Web Site, Petition & More

  • Bryce W Nesbitt
    Dec 17, 2003
      r.mela@... wrote:
      Our mission includes keeping the larger basin wide issues
      in mind such as future Crossings at Routes 28, 99 and
      16, fish migration, flood control, recreational boating
      and many others.

      I love it, but it sounds like focus creep.  But it touches on subjects
      near and dear to my heart, so I'll comment.
      One of the ostensible reasons to ask for the dam crossing is to create recreational loops in the lower basin, such as:

      Earhart Dam->Gateway Park->Over Route 16->Through Wellington MBTA parking Lot->Under Orange Line->Over Route 28 bridge->Back through Assembly Square to the dam.

      So keeping an eye toward the bigger picture is something I see as valuable, as long as we set firm expectations.  I'd like to see us agree on a reasonable scope for the crossing, including a budget.  Any plan that is more than a certain cost or time, we ought to reject.  I'd set the thresholds at 1 year and $200,000.