420Re: Meeting on Mystic Crossing

  • alan124moore2003
    Apr 25, 2007
      To Dan Driscoll, VHB staff, Steve Winslow and other participants:

      Good presentation and attendance at last night's meeting on the Mystic
      River Crossing alternatives.

      Is there any way to post the presentation or at least some summary of
      the alternatives that have been evaluated?

      The consensus seemed to be that the remaining settlement funds would
      be well spent to design the Mystic River path through the MBTA bus
      yard to Route 99 and to continue to flesh out some unanswered aspects
      of the Mystic River crossing alternatives.

      Steve and others suggested that we have other bridge designers and/or
      MIT students look at the crossing of the locks/dam alternative and see
      if some other creative solutions can be found to the periodic closing
      issues. I volunteer to organize this effort but would like some help.
      One idea I have from having lived in The Netherlands for 3 years is to
      look for ideas from engineers there where there are literally hundreds
      of ped/bike corssing of locks and dams.

      Alan Moore

      --- In MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com, "Bryce Nesbitt" <bryce1@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks for posting that, Steve!
      >
      > Some project background is available over at:
      > http://pathfriends.org/lower_mystic/
      > <http://pathfriends.org/lower_mystic/>
      > The official meeting notice appears to be:
      > http://www.mass.gov/dcr/news/pm4-24-07.pdf
      > <http://www.mass.gov/dcr/news/pm4-24-07.pdf>
      >
      > -Bryce (from California)

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic