221Mystic River Walk April 24

  • WalkBoston
    Apr 2, 2004
      Here is the description of the walk on April 24 that was sent out in our
      press release:

      Mystic River Paths in Everett, Medford and Somerville
      Saturday, April 24, 2004, 1:00 pm
      Meet in the Wellington Orange Line station lobby
      Rain Date April 25, 2004, 1:00 pm

      "The Amelia Earhart Dam is a critical link in regional walk and bike paths.
      Yet there is no pedestrian connection on top of the dam, as there is at the
      Charles River Dam. To demonstrate the need for the connection across the
      dam, this walk traces the alternative route that follows both sides of the
      Mystic River to connect both end of the dam. In taking this route, walkers
      will be introduced to the beauties of the underrated Mystic River and the
      riverside paths being developed."

      Hope this helps to drum up interest in the walk. We usually have
      registrations to avoid having so large a crowd that it overwhelms us.
      Reservations can be made at 617-367-9255.

      Bob