New CNM gene test available

  • patsarah2006
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14 9:43 AM
      Hello folks.

      For those members of our CNM community who do not yet have a genetic diagnosis I would like to share that a new genetic test is available.

      The BIN1 gene mutation has been found to be associated with autosomal recessive centronuclear myopathy.

      You may consider pursing testing for this gene.

      In the US the only place to have this gene testing is at the University of Chicago Genetic services. Please see the attached file I uploaded or go to the following link:
      http://dnatesting.uchicago.edu/tests/150

      Hoping that more and more answers for our families can lead to better treatment and ultimately a cure! Sarah Foye