Our World: December 2010

  • TONI ABRAM
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 31 KB
    Hello Everyone

    The final Our World of 2010 will be issued in December and the Information Point is now looking for articles to include.

    Our World couldn't exist without your contributions - every one helps to raise awareness of cnm / mtm and the many different ways people are affected, so please do get in touch with your stories; maybe you have achieved something you never thought you would, say something sporting or academic, fulfilled a lifetime dream, maybe you have met a celebrity or travelled somewhere / attended an unusual event. Maybe you would like to write an opinion piece on something that affects you or that you feel strongly about as a person with cnm / mtm or maybe something else.

    It has already been suggested that an article be included about how to explain myopathy / disability to a child and how to help a child explain their condition to others - maybe you have experience of this.  What did you do?  Maybe you talked to teachers and caregivers, parents and children, maybe you wrote  a letter which your child read in class or filmed a video.  If you have experience of this subject, we would love to  hear from you.

    If you would like to take part in our 'All About Me' feature, a questionnaire is attached.  Please answer the questions and return these to centronuclear.org@... with photos if possible.

    If you have a story to share, please contact us at centronuclear. org@btinternet. com.  The closing date for this issue is 30 November 2010.

    Toni Abram
    Founder
    The Information Point for Centronuclear and Myotubular Myopathy

    www.centronuclear. org.uk          |         www.buy.at/theinfor mationpoint