Explaining Myopathies / Disability to a Child

  • TONI ABRAM
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2010
      Hello Everyone

      I am working on the next issue of the Information Point newsletter and it has been suggested to me that I write something about how to explain to a young child about their myopathy, to help them understand it in a way they can explain it to others if they want to.

      There are a couple of sources of information that I always direct people to when asked about this, namely http://www.mda.org/publications/nobody/ and http://www.listentoourstories.com/index.htm but for the article it would be good to hear from  parents too about methods and resources they have used or from adults who remember how their own parents / carers / teachers dealt with this issue.

      Would love to hear from anyone who thinks they could help and wouldn't mind being quoted in the newsletter online.

      Thank you everyone.

      Toni Abram
      Founder
      The Information Point for Centronuclear and Myotubular Myopathy

      www.centronuclear.org.uk          |         www.buy.at/theinformationpoint