Re: Please pray for my family....my husband died

  • Sheallyn
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 15, 2009
      Dana,

      very sorry to hear that you lost your husband .. and in such a tragic way... I wish I had the answers for you but I have never lost a partner so I am unsure of what to say .. As for your boys, keep his spirit alive by talking to them about thier daddy, maybe work on a scrapbook together and let them add what they like .. just an idea ..

      please take care and email me if you need anything!

      *hugs*
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 17, 2009
        Message

        Hi Dana,

        You poor girl, it sounds like you have had such a tough time, and it's a tragic accident - I really feel for you all, you must miss him deeply.  I hope that your feeling of guilt of using harsh words before he died passes and you can feel more at peace, after all, it was only another way of expressing your love and concern for him.  I'm certain he would have known that.

        One of my best friend's sister's husband died of a heroin overdose 3 years ago, he just got mixed up with the wrong crowd at work, and it became a habit which eventually took his life at too young an age.  They were a lovely family and to have met them you wouldn't have believed he had a habit. She had a hard time trying to 'manage' and 'care' about his welfare throughout the relationship while protecting their 2 beautiful children. Even when he tried and detoxed she had a permanent anxiety that his secret affair with the drug which was always lurking, waiting to entice him. He tried, and tried, being the good dad and husband that he really was, but in the end the drug was too strong an enticement and destroyed him and nearly destroyed the whole wider family too. Although it was really hard for her to accept the selfishness of his death (and habit); as well as trying to overcome other people's 'judgement's (when drug habits are real and completely indiscriminate, affecting the nicest of families); and dealing with the pain of losing the family man she and her children loved so deeply, she has been strong enough to realise that heroin has caused too much pain and heartache in their lives and she doesn't want that to continue to destroy them all for the rest of their lives. This has helped her finally accept and move on - it was no one's fault about what happened, in his 'right mind' her husband wouldn't have wanted to have caused so much pain.  She's come through her ordeal with a renewed vigor; she has a new (clean) man in her life and she and the children have found happiness again.

        Do take care, and my thoughts are with you all right now and during your immense sadness. Above all, I hope you have the support of family and friends to help you through the difficult days ahead, and that your husband is at peace now.

        Wendyx

        From: Dana <casonsmiracle@ yahoo.com>
        To: Myotubular_Myopathy @yahoogroups. com
        Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 6:43 PM

        I don't know what to do or how to handle this. Roy and I have been together for 14 years. I love him so much!! We both had a prescrition drug problem a few years ago. I have been clean for 4 years but Roy kept having problems. He would slip up and mix pills. Easter Sunday my oldest son came and told me that his dad had something purple all over his face. I went to check on him and he was not breathing and cold. I can't believe that he is really gone. Despite his problems, he loved me and the boys so so much. How am I supposed to tell Cason his daddy is never coming back??? My baby has suffered enough without losing his daddy!!! I should have checked on him sooner. I was so mad at him Saturday night for being buzzed on pills and he kept denying it, but it was obvious. My last words to him were full of hatred and meaness. I feel so guilty. I am sorry to be on here dumping like this. This pain is so raw. Please pray that God give me and my babies strength and pray Roy is in heaven now....please! !!

        Dana

      • Richard and Connie Guinn
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 22, 2009
          Dana, I am terribly sorry to hear this.. it is so sad. It is obvious you and Roy loved each other very much. How can we help you? How is your older son doing with all of this? How are you? Please know that you have many people praying for you and sending peace your way. Godspeed,
          Connie