Re: [Myotubular_Myopathy] Great news on funding for Beggs research

  • toni.abram1@btopenworld.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
      Excellent news - thank you for sharing this.

      Toni xx

      Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

      From: "patsarah2006"
      Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 14:33:12 -0000
      To: <Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Myotubular_Myopathy] Great news on funding for Beggs research

      As most of you know there is a researcher here in the US, Dr. Alan
      Beggs, who is doing amazing work on the congenital myopathies including
      MTM-CNM.

      I wanted to share with great excitement that Children's Hospital Boston
      received a huge endowment (millions of dollars!!!)to support this
      research.

      Part of the reasearch funds have gone to "chair" a research position in
      Genomics and the first holder of this position is Dr. Beggs.
      Esentially what this means is that it secures a salary line for Dr.
      Beggs to continue his myopathy research.

      The other part of the endowment went to establish the Manton Center for
      Orphan Disease Research at Children's Hospital Boston. This is a
      virtual center to forward research on rare diseases like MTM-CNM.

      It is so fantastic that this family was inspired to donate to a rare
      cause.

      Thank you to the Manton family!!!

    • WANDA SANTORY
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
        Wow what great news!!

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
          --- In Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com, "patsarah2006" <patsarah@...> wrote:
          >This is awesome news. Do you know if Dr. Beggs is coming to the family conference in
          July?
          > As most of you know there is a researcher here in the US, Dr. Alan
          > Beggs, who is doing amazing work on the congenital myopathies including
          > MTM-CNM.
          >
          > I wanted to share with great excitement that Children's Hospital Boston
          > received a huge endowment (millions of dollars!!!)to support this
          > research.
          >
          > Part of the reasearch funds have gone to "chair" a research position in
          > Genomics and the first holder of this position is Dr. Beggs.
          > Esentially what this means is that it secures a salary line for Dr.
          > Beggs to continue his myopathy research.
          >
          > The other part of the endowment went to establish the Manton Center for
          > Orphan Disease Research at Children's Hospital Boston. This is a
          > virtual center to forward research on rare diseases like MTM-CNM.
          >
          > It is so fantastic that this family was inspired to donate to a rare
          > cause.
          >
          > Thank you to the Manton family!!!

        • Pat or Sarah
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
            Wanda,
            Do you have a new e-mail address?  I tried reaching you but maybe it changed with your new address?  Sarah
          • Toni Abram
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8, 2009
              Hello Sarah

              I am working on the next newsletter again and have saved the email below from earlier in the year.

              Do you think it might be possible for me to include this?

              Toni xx