Re: Allie's troubled sleep

  • cleibo1
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2008
      Hi Jenna
      Have you looked into reflux. All the symptoms you are describing
      Spencer had before he went onto reflux medicine.
      Corey

      --- In Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com, The Winns
      <jennaleigh85@...> wrote:

      > Over the last several weeks Allie has had trouble sleeping due to
      what I think might be mucus in her throat although I cant see it and
      don't understand where it would come from. Her symptoms include:
      > - a combination between a dry and wet cough (hard to explain)
      > - trouble breathing through her nose
      > - gagging several times during the night and early morning.
      > - Once she sits up her symptoms completely disappear.
      > - During the day she has no cold like symptoms, no stuffy nose.
      > - She has woke up with three bloody noses in the last three months.
      > - Elevating her bed doesn't help.
      >
      > She's went through this before but not quite as bad. When we first
      moved here to Northern California From Ohio last April she did this
      for a few weeks. The doctor felt that she had allergies and gave her
      a bunch of meds that never worked. Allergies are really bad here and
      it runs in both families so I didn't doubt the Doctor.

      > I thought about getting a humidifier to loosen up the secretions
      but last time the doctor recommended one while she was sick it seemed
      to make things worse. It thinned out the mucus to the point where it
      was all over her face and her bed. More importantly, she got a really
      wet cough from all the drainage and it put her at risk for
      aspirating.