Matthew Update

  • Wright, Janice (J)
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2004
      Message
      Hi All,

      Thanks for all the thoughts, wishes and hugs. We really needed them. Matthew is an absolute hero and has bounced back to his usual self. He has his favourite nurse working today and he is no longer in pain and seems relaxed and happy. When we left last night (20h00) Matthew was chatting and playing. He had had no sleep the whole day and was an absolute joy. A G-Tube rep came out last night and put in a new G-Tube ( a Mc-Key). It looks soooooooo much better. There is however blood coming out when we connect the tube, so he will be on nil per "mouth" until his tummy has healed. He is on the Zantac generic for the ulcer. So it looks as if his stay will be longer than we thought. With regard to his lungs they sound so much better. The secretions are still a lot and creamy, but he is not requiring more ito ventilation. He has a PT that does chest percussions when in hospital and she suctioned buckets out this morning. They did culture the bug and it is serracia (sp??) and he has been battling with this bug since October. He is on IV Meds and Mistabron nebs.

      Once again thanks for all the support.

      Love
      Janice & Alistair

      NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof, is subject to the standard Sasol eMail disclaimer which may be found at: http://www.sasol.com/disclaimer

      If you cannot access the disclaimer through the URL attached and you wish to receive a copy thereof please send an eMail to disclaimer@...

      This email was scanned and cleared by NetIQ MailMarshal.