Where did everyone go?

  • Sheallyn
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2008
      I've been checking in for about a week now and it's been soooo quiet
      in here. Hope everyone is well! :<)

      ps: Diana, I saw the new pics you posted of Luke, they are just
      awesome, thanks for sharing these!
    • Diana Manny
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 14, 2008
        Thank you so much....he is such a blessing and we are enjoying every bit of him.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 14, 2008
          Matteo is home. The nursing situtation is getting more stable. He
          goes back to the PICU for two nights to complete a sleep study and to
          check his heart with an ECG.

          Matteo's oxygen level went down repeatedly. Turns out he had an
          earache.

          --- In Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com, "Sheallyn" <sheallyn73@...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14, 2008
            our lil ones sure are special aren't they? ;)
          • patsarah2006
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 15, 2008
              Hi Shellyn,
              We're on vacation. Next week Adam goes to MDA camp.

              This trip I was traveling alone with Adam with his Convaid stroller, his vent and a huge
              suitcase so I asked for wheelchair assistance at the airport. The staff were GREAT. It
              made it much, much easier to have the help, especially when going through security
              because I didn't have to fold down the stroller and they helped Adam with his shoes and
              everything.

              Here's something funny - they loaded us on the plane first. After everyone else was
              loaded on the plane a fight attendant came up to me and said,
              "In the case of an emergency, please allow other passengers to disembark and then exit
              the plane."

              I was like, yeah, right! It was so funny! I guess it is their policy not to have disabled
              people clogging up the aisles during an emergency!

              Ha! Ha! Sarah

            • talkpod@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 15, 2008
                Amen to that Sarah! When I went on the plane, I brought the vent,
                wheelchair, vent battery and so on. Leaving Chicago was easy and the
                flight attendants and pilot were awesome. However, on the way from
                Florida back to Chicago, I had a pilot look through this 5 inch thick
                book of what was allowed and not allowed on a plane, trying to prove
                that my ventilator and battery were a bomb in disguise and not allowed
                on board. It was annoying at the time, but now I just look back and
                laugh. I figure it just depends on the staff, but though of sharing my
                story. If you are in Chicago, let me or my mom know.

                Rachel B