Kidney Problems

  • evilpixiecat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2003
      Hi all, Has anyones boy's had problems with Kidney stones?
      Hypercalcemia, hypercalcuria?

      Jack, has all of the above... and he has a 3mm Kidney stone.

      He has been on sodium citrate and a higher volume of water to help
      flush the calcium through the body quickly, however it hasnt stopped
      this one.. We have also been told he is now extremely more prone to
      get more.. The doctors have not decided how to treat it.. They are a
      little concerned since some stones can cause renal failure..
      And i am horrified to find out jack has most probaly been in
      discomfort - he has shown no signs of discomfort at all as he is a
      happy boy always..

      Please if any parents child has a kidney stone/s can you please let
      me know what there treatment was and or any treatment that may
      prevent anymore...

      Jessica

      Ps, looks like jack may come home in the next 3-4 months.