Re: Benjamin

  • Amanda
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 16 3:14 PM
      Connie, I will be praying for Benjamin and hoping that he is better
      soon. I know how stressful it can be and we just went through it, so
      it is fresh on my mind. I will also be praying for you and the
      family. Take care, Amanda

      --- In Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com, "Shannon"
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 18 8:33 PM
        (((((Benjamin and family))))) So sorry to hear he is in the hospital.
        Praying for a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.
        take care pat
      • Amanda
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23 4:19 AM
          Connie, I didn't realize that Ben is in the hospital. I am so
          sorry. I hope he comes home soon because I know how stressful it
          can be for the entire family. I think those IPV treatments would be
          good for Jacob to have also. I may discuss that with his
          pulmonologist. I hope they work for Ben!

          I will be thinking of and praying for you all!
          Take care, Amanda

          -- In Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com, redscootee@w... wrote:
          > (((((Benjamin and family))))) So sorry to hear he is in the
          hospital.
          > Praying for a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.
          > take care pat
        • connie guinn
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 24 8:17 PM
            Amanda,
            Thanks for your mail and your prayers.
            It seemed so sudden- one moment, I was IM with
            Shannon, very concerned about Benjamin and his
            decline, and the next moment, we were taking him to
            the ER.
            I was so thankful to have a second car! No one had to
            be stranded anywhere, and we didn't have to get LeeAnn
            up in the middle of the night (12am) and drag her
            along with us to the hospital :D
            Benjamin made a fairly quick turn-around once they
            started the IPV treatments. He is now home with us,
            he came home Monday night (Feb 23), and he is even off
            of the O2 (he came home on 1 Liter)!!
            One year, he WILL make it through the whole year
            without being hospitalized! Now, we are changing
            pulmonologists- the past one that he has had was not
            nearly aggressive enough for us (in fact, he may even
            be the reason that Benjamin had to be admitted at all-
            GRRR!!!)
            One day at a time, though, right?
            How is Jacob doing? I hope he is well, and that you
            and your family are resting. Blessings to you.
            Godspeed.
            -Connie

            http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 25 7:48 PM
              Connie, So glad Benjamin is home and doing so much better. What is a IPV
              treatment?
              take care pat
            • connie guinn
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 25 9:05 PM
                Pat,
                Hi.  IPV stands for IntraPulmonary Ventilation.
                An IPV treatment is where albuterol mixed with normal saline is given via mist into the lungs, similar to a neb treatment.  Unlike the neb, though, it is not just some ultrasonic mist, but rather, the ultrasonic mist is given through quick, forceful juts of air that are pumped into the lungs in rapid-fire succession.  It can give around 180 (or more) of these 'juts' of air per minute.  The effect is like giving CPT from the inside of the lung- it opens the alveoli up, and loosens all the congestion that forms inside the lungs.  Hope this makes sense.   Godspeed.

                                -Connie

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 26 9:43 PM
                  Connie, Thanks for the explanation on IPV I currently use the nebulizer
                  with albueterol. I will have to keep this in mind if I get pneumonia
                  again.
                  take care pat