Paraflu

  • Pat or Sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2008
      Sheallyn,
      Adam once had Haemophilus influenzae.  It was a bug they suctioned out of him once when he was coughing like mad and thought he might have pertussis.  We're not sure if it was ever a true infection because most of us have this bug in our lungs at some level.
      Anyway, the treatment was a specific antibiotic and we used the Cough Assist machine every 30-60 minutes which helped clear his secreations and keep his sats up.
      Speaking of which, he's hacking away right now and I have to go cough him.  Best of luck to little Kaden.  Hang in there.  Sarah
    • Sheallyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2008
        thannks Sarah, were trying our best, it's just so tough to see him
        struggle so much, his right lung, not left is down again and he has
        pneumonia to boot .. he's one sick little boy right now. Came home to
        grab some extra clothes and heading back to the hospital..