Re: [Myotubular_Myopathy] Special tomato/adaptive sled

  • Abbie harrison
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
      I do not think the special tomato would work for a sled unless it had a back.  But there is also another seat that we have that I think would work for that and it is called the Seat To Go.  It is like a little chair, only minus the legs.  It has a head rest and it has big straps that go around the chest and over the shoulders.  It has a big strap built into the bottom that could go around the base of the sled with no problem.  You would just have to make sure it is tight enough.  I look forward to getting to try some of these things with Kaylee this year, since we are in our first big winter ice storm.
      Abbie

      Pat or Sarah <patsarah@...> wrote:
      Do you think this seat would work to adapt a sled?  I considered bolting a resin children's lawn chair with the legs sawed off to a sled so Adam could go sleigh riding with his friends.  The chair wouldn't fit in the base of the sled.  Does that sound crazy putting Adam on a sled or what?  But it's been snowing here and that's what his friends are doing.  Sarah

    • Pat or Sarah
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2007
        Thanks for the sledding tips.  Abbie, that Seat-to-go looks great.  I might use it to adapt a stroller for Adam because it comes with an adjustable head rest and Adam is getting too tall for a standard stroller.  We have a seating/positioning/mobility evaluation scheduled next month.  Sarah