Re: [Myotubular_Myopathy] Digest Number 717

  • jon mcinerney
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2006
      I am sure you are all really annoyed about your "gas"
      prices n the USA, but this a global health network!
      not OPEC!!!!

      You should try paying UK prices, about 4 times as
      much, still I guess thats what happens when bush and
      blair decide to invade the second biggest oil
      producing country on earth and completely screw it
      up..

      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&term=%
> [...]
      >
      > Message 2
      > From: "pinksarah21" patsarah@...
      > Date: Tue May 2, 2006 9:22pm(PDT)
      > Subject: Re: Free abstracts on MTM/CNM: Links to
      > PubMed. Check these out...
      >
      > Try the links on the Links page. It works better
      > than in this
      > posting. -Pat (or try here one last time...)

      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&term=%
      > 28centronuclear%20myopathy%5BText%20word%5D
      >
      > --- In Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com,
      > "pinksarah21"
      > <patsarah@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > In the "Links" section, I just added fast-links to
      > "PubMed", which
      > > provides free abstracts (and sometimes entire
      > articles for free)
      > > covering most major medical journals. I've set up
      > the Links so
      > that
      > > it will autmatically show you the articles
      > specifically about
      > > myotubular myopathy, or centronuclear myopathy
      > (depending which
      > link
      > > you pick). I think that as parents/family/patients
      > effected by
      > this
      > > condition, we should do our best to stay up to
      > date on what is
      > being
      > > published in the literature. This way we will know
      > the latest
      > > advances (often before our local treating doctors
      > know), we can
      > use
      > > the right lingo when talking to our doctors (and
      > educate them!),
      > we
      > > can know where to direct donations, and we can
      > know which
      > > researchers we should contact to contribute to the
      > studies (e.g.,
      > > being listed in their registries can help them
      > solve the puzzles
      > of
      > > MTM/CNM).
      > >
      > > Please check out the links (just 1-2 clicks away!)
      > and post your
      > > thoughts.
      > >
      > > Either go to the Links section (that way works),
      > or just try here
      > > for CNM:

      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&term=%
      > 28centronuclear%20myopathy%5BText%20word%5D
      > >
      > > or just try here for MTM:

      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&term=%
      > 28myotubular%20myopathy%5BText%20word%5D
      > >
      > > -Pat

      > Message 3
      > From: "Jess Juckers" faewyn@...
      > Date: Tue May 2, 2006 9:36pm(PDT)
      > Subject: Re: Fwd: FW: Gas War-It is worth a try.
      > Please read!
      >
      > We are paying roughly $5.15*USD *per gallon here in
      > Australia right now.
      > We can't even afford to go out on family drives
      > anymore :(
      > This is impacting on food prices etc.. It's bloody

      === message truncated ===

      Switch an email account to Yahoo! Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. http://uk.mail.yahoo.com
    • pinksarah21
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2006
        As frustrated as I am by gas prices, I have to agree with
        jonnynomates1 that this forum is better spent on topics specific to
        MTM/CNM. I'll promise to comply; it's a good idea. -Pat

        --- In Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com, jon mcinerney

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2006
          I find that not responding to topics/conversations that are of little or no interest to me is the best thing to do.  Perhaps THAT is something we should all do?!

          Amanda Hollingsworth

          wrote:

> [...]
          > > 28myotubular%20myopathy%5BText%20word%5D
          > > >
          > > > -Pat

          > > Message 3
          > > From: "Jess Juckers" faewyn@...
          > > Date: Tue May 2, 2006 9:36pm(PDT)
          > > Subject: Re: Fwd: FW: Gas War-It is worth a try.
          > > Please read!
          > >
          > > We are paying roughly $5.15*USD *per gallon here in
          > > Australia right now.
          > > We can't even afford to go out on family drives
          > > anymore :(
          > > This is impacting on food prices etc.. It's bloody
          > > ridiculous!
          > > Jess
          > >
          > > connie guinn wrote:
          > > >

          > > > *_GA_S WAR* - an idea that /*_WILL_*
          > > /*work*
          > > > This was originally sent by a retired
          > > Coca
          > === message truncated ===

          > Switch an email account to Yahoo! Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/VzSolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • pinksarah21
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2006
            I agree with Amanda's recommendation: i.e., ideally we can all try to
            stay on target with just MTM/CNM topics, but if a posting
            goes astray then we can just politely ignore it and instead just focus
            back on MTM/CNM topics. Good recommendation. -Pat

            --- In Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Hollingsworth