Hello...answers

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      I have been reading all the recent posts and decided to post and
      respond.

      Rachel and Moz- I am so glad that Marconi is back home and seems to
      be doing well. I agree with what others said, these boys have a
      tendency to be very thin...especially when very young. Javad was
      only 24 pounds at 3 years old. Now at 4 he is 35 pounds and we
      consider him to be a chubby boy! They also seem to be taller than
      the norm, which makes them appear even thinner. Whenever Javad is
      sick, he loses weight and we always have a difficult time getting it
      back on him. It will happen, just be patient!

      Kim- Javad used to sweat a lot when he was younger. As he has gotten
      older, it seems to have decreased some, but he is still sweatier
      than the average boy. Also...remember that the doctors often have
      outdated information. They are all different. I agree that you
      should get Sam moving right away, get him involved in therapy
      programs, water therapy is great! Javad can sit (when put in the
      sitting position) for quite awhile! He can drive his chair like a
      maniac (when he wants to), but cannot walk, crawl, or talk. He just
      got a trach this past summer, so he is still working that out. Our
      pulmonologist is very hopeful that he will talk, but it will take
      time. Its just like everything...the later you learn to do
      something, the more challenging it is!

      To everyone else, hello! I am glad that Jacob, Sebi, and Kyle are
      doing ok (Zak too!)

      Talk to you all soon!

      Shannon

      PS I don't know if I mentioned that Javad had pneumonia over the
      holidays, but we were able to keep him home and he is doing much
      better! We are almost on the right path!