Happy NEW Year and Update on Kyle

  • Darlene
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2005
      Hi all,

      Just want to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! May 2006 bring you
      happiness and good health.

      I've also just updated Kyle's website.
      www.caringbridge.org/md/kylespage
      It's been awhile, but I finally got around to it. I hope to have one
      for Connor started sometime next week.

      Kyle still has a colapsed lung with fluid. If there is no change when
      he goes back to the doctor on the 12th, they are going to go scope his
      lungs to see what is causing it.

      Happy New Year,
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2006
        Happy New Year to everyone!!  May this year bring health, peace, and happiness to you all.

        Darlene,  Jacob also has a collapsed lung right now.  His usually only takes a week or two to open up, but he has been on the vent 24/7 for over two weeks now and he doesn't sound any better.  He has a follow-up x-ray on Wednesday and I'm afraid his doctor might want to scope him, but I think we will wait and give him more time.  We actually spent Christmas night in the hospital - Jacob was admitted for observation when we couldn't keep his sats up or fever down.  He had/has RSV - first time ever (that we know of)!

        Please let us know what comes of everything with Kyle.

        Take care,
        Amanda

        P.S.  Thank you so much for the cute little puzzle you sent Jacob - he LOVES it!

      • DARLENE MILLER
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2006
          Hi Amanda,

          I hope Jacob is feeling better soon.  Glad he liked the puzzle.  It is Kyle's favorite.

          Suprising to everyone Kyle has never run a fever or stayed on the vent for more than naps and at night, even when he was in the hospital we couldn't keep him on the vent.  He has always acted fine.  Actually, his strength has improved.  He has the doctors puzzled!  But as his pulmonoligist says "that's Kyle".  Will let you know how things go next week when he goes back for his checkup.

          Love,