Kyle's surgery

  • Darlene
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 27, 2005
      Hi all,
      Kyle goes in tommorrow for surgery. He is having it because he has
      undecended testicles. Hopefully they can put them in place, if not
      they are going to remove them.

      Kyle has had an ear infection recently other than that he has been
      doing great.

      Hope everyone else is doing great.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 27, 2005
        HI Darlene!  I hope Kyle's surgery goes well.  Jacob had orchiopexy back in June and a funny thing happened (well, not too funny):  his right one was in place, or it was retractile, and the left one was surgically put in place; since the surgery the right one has completely disappeared.  He was supposed to go back to the urologist who did the surgery, but I'm seeking a 2nd opinion because I'm not too crazy about this guy.

        Anyways, I hope hope everyone is doing well.  We are doing great.  Jacob got a power wheelchair today.  It's a loaner, but he'll be able to keep it until his is ready in a few months.  He is doing great with it; already flying around the house and yard.  I love it!!  He started school this year.  He is going to preschool 4 hours a day.  He really likes it and is doing very well.  His teacher told me this morning how impressed she is with his concept of numbers and counting.  Smart boy!!

        I hope everyone is doing well.  I think of you all often and wish we had more time to correspond.  I know everyone stays busy though.  At least we do!

        Hugs to everyone,
        Amanda

        Darlene <dm4462@...> wrote:
        Hi all,
        Kyle goes in tommorrow for surgery. He is having it because he has
        undecended testicles. Hopefully they can put them in place, if not
        they are going to remove them.

        Kyle has had an ear infection recently other than that he has been
        doing great.

        Hope everyone else is doing great.

        Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/rL1caD/ubOLAA/xGEGAA/VzSolB/TM

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Yahoo! for Good

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 28, 2005

          Hello Darlene

          I’m sorry I haven’t had an opportunity to correspond with you directly before, but always read everyone’s correspondence with interest.  Zak and me wish Kyle good luck with his op.  Zak had surgery for the same (on his left testicle) when he was 8 and hasn’t had any problems since, even though he’s quite a physically active for a boy with XMTM.  I can’t see any reason why they would need to remove Kyle’s testicles completely because its supposed to be one of the simplest operations (and most common) around – this was what I was told by our surgeon.  Even my nephew had both of his lowered and he doesn’t have any condition!  Anyway, good luck and we’ll be thinking of Kyle – hope all goes well.

          Wendy and Zak x

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 28, 2005
            We were also told that Jacob's may have to be removed if they couldn't be put in place.  Not only were Jacob's testicles undescended, his scrotum was underdeveloped and they weren't sure if it was going to hold the testicle.  Make any sense??

            Take care, Amanda

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 29, 2005
                Hi All,
                Kyle is doing fine.  They were unable to do all the surgery.  He developed a yeast infection between the time we left home and they started surgery.  She was able to do the exploratory part to find out where everything is.  His right testicle is hidden behind some blood vessels and muscle.  She will have to hunt for it.  She thinks it may not be developed because of where it is.  His left is more than likely going to be removed.  She said it doesn't have enough canal to put it in place without it going back up again.  But she wants to look at the right one first.   If the right one is not developed she will try and place the left so he will have atleast one.  If she has to take both he will have more medicine to take daily.  As I said before, Kyle doesn't do things the simple way.  He likes excitement and challenge.  Keeps me on my toes all the time.

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 29, 2005

                  Hi Darlene

                  Glad to hear Kyle is fine and we will be thinking of Kyle and you   hoping it all goes well.

                  Take care

                  Wendy and Zak x