Re: [Myotubular_Myopathy] GJ... So far so good

  • ANN MILLER
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 12, 2005
      Hi Kiera,

      Glad to hear Liam did well.  He was in our thoughts all
      day yesterday.

      Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 7:31 PM
      Subject: Re: [Myotubular_Myopathy] GJ... So far so good

      Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Liam
      has been a star. His secretions were a bit of an issue
      upon returning to the ward but once the anaesthetic
      wore off he was only requiring CPAP pressure support
      via the ventilator and keeping on top of his
      secretions quite well. He was extubated within 4 hours
      and is kicking butt, satting 100, surprising everyone
      once again.

      So there you have it. I definitely feel better having
      done the surgery (it helps after the fact when
      everything has gone well), and it's one step closer to
      'home' if that is to be the outcome.

      Thanks again and hope all is well.

      Kiera

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      ">Give the gift of life to a sick child. Support St. Jude Children┬┐s Research Hospital</a>.</font>

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • kristin cypher
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 12, 2005

        I'm so glad this went well for you!!  Sebi's G-Tube was a lifesaver for us in the early part of his life, and I know Liam will do well.

        You are in our thoughts,

        Kristin, Paul and Sebastian

        http://mail.yahoo.com