Re: [Myotubular_Myopathy] Hi

    Hi, I agree with Amanda. It sounds like your sister has the autosomal recessive type. My grandson, Kyle, has X linked-MTM. We are expecting another
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2005
      I agree with Amanda.  It sounds like your sister has the autosomal recessive type.   My grandson,
      Kyle, has X linked-MTM.  We are expecting another grandson in October who also has the Xlinked-MTM.  This we found out through genetic testing. If you really want to know if there is a possiblity of you having a child with this, then you should have the genetic testing.  There is a 1 in 2 chance you may or may not be a carrier.  If you are a carrier with the genetic testing you can be better prepared for when you do have children.
      We wish you and your sister all the best.  We will keep her in our prayers.