Re: [Myotubular_Myopathy] Little update on Tobias

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 11, 2004
      Rita, I hope Tobias is not in too much pain. My son broke his arm when
      he was young and went around a week before we knew it was broken. I felt
      so bad but when I took him into the doc he did not think it was broken
      either so I felt a little better.
      Not fun to have it in the summer. How long does he have to wear the
      cast?
      take care pat
    • Jessica Juckers
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 11, 2004
        Hi Rita, awww look at Tobias! Is he handling this very well? not moving his arm as much? A terrible shame about the weater so beautiful and Tobias is stuck inside :-(
        Has Tobias had his Bone desity tested? Does he require any medication for weakend bones?
        Take care
        Jessica

        Susekie@... wrote:
        Hi everyone!

        Look at the picture at the bottom! Tobias has broken his upper arm! He has a "fracture of the humerus" - near his shoulder, something that is "usual" for old people with osteoporosis! Nobody knows when, how or where it happened!!!

        We hope he does not have to "wear" this bandage for al long time!!! It is summer, the weather is very fine...poor child!!! And the left arm is the one he uses for nearly everything...playing cassettes, disconnecting from ventilation (it does not work now *g*) But the fatal thing is: moving of arm and shoulder will getting worse soon!! :-(

        Tomorrow we are going again to hospital and have some x-rays - they will check how the broken part is doing... And WE will ask them when he can start moving it again!

        Poooh...I wanted to share with you, but it is not easy to tell in English...Does anybody here need help with the German language??? May be THIS is something I'm able to do!!! ;-)

        Take care,
        Rita

      • connie guinn
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 12, 2004
          Rita,
          Oh, poor Tobias!  I am so sorry... poor boy :(
          Have you gotten the x-rays, yet?  What is the latest news?
          Let us know....
          We are thinking of you :)  I must go to bed now.  How do you say good night in German?  Gooten Nicht?
          Take care,

          -Connie