Needing a little emotional boost

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      Today has been one of those days. No one thing. Javad is doing fine.
      There is talk of us going home early next week. (Although I feel
      that talking about it too much is bad karma!) Anyway, I have been
      cheching a variety of sites and have been saddened by children's
      deaths. Tonight I came across Zackery's death from his site (which I
      got from Jack's site.) It came as a big blow. My heart is heavy. I
      am feeling a bit overwhelmed. My grandmother is in the hospital with
      a blot clot in her leg and severe bladder infection. She is 85 and
      probably one of the most important people in my life. Then my step-
      mother has been told that she needs to be biopsied for an abnormal
      reading from a cancer predicting blood test and ultrasound.
      Sometimes I feel like I can't breathe. I go about looking like I can
      handle all the stress and pressure of being here, knowing that this
      LONG stay will make our insurance issue come to light again, feeling
      like my world is closing in. I am sorry that I am griping, but I
      know that you will understand in ways that others cannot. I can't
      say that I feel like crying, screaming, etc. The summer is ending
      and I will only have two weeks to recover and get ready to face my
      students. THat doesn't sound like the top of my list right now!

      Anyway, thanks for listening.

      Shannon
    • Amanda
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
        Shannon, Oh sweetie! I think of you and Javad sooooo much! It is
        so hard dealing with everything you are facing. There have been
        days in my life when I just want to give up because the load seemed
        too heavy. All I can say is that I got through knowing that I would
        come out a stronger person. Sometimes our faith gets tested and we
        are really struggling within ourselves to continue going. I know
        that you are an incredibly strong person and (maybe it doesn't seem
        this way now) you will overcome with a greater sense of yourself and
        everyone around you.

        There just isn't much I can say about each individual incident; they
        are all each in themselves very trying and hard. However, I want
        you to know that I will be praying for you and just know that we are
        always here for you to vent or cry or scream - whatever it is you
        want to do.

        Sending lots of ((((((HUGS))))))
        Amanda

        --- In Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com, "Shannon"
        <smashintwo66@y...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > Today has been one of those days. No one thing. Javad is doing
        fine.
        > There is talk of us going home early next week. (Although I feel
        > that talking about it too much is bad karma!) Anyway, I have been
        > cheching a variety of sites and have been saddened by children's
        > deaths. Tonight I came across Zackery's death from his site (which
        > got from Jack's site.) It came as a big blow. My heart is heavy.
        > am feeling a bit overwhelmed. My grandmother is in the hospital
        with
        > a blot clot in her leg and severe bladder infection. She is 85 and
        > probably one of the most important people in my life. Then my step-
        > mother has been told that she needs to be biopsied for an abnormal
        > reading from a cancer predicting blood test and ultrasound.
        > Sometimes I feel like I can't breathe. I go about looking like I
        can
        > handle all the stress and pressure of being here, knowing that
        this
        > LONG stay will make our insurance issue come to light again,
        feeling
        > like my world is closing in. I am sorry that I am griping, but I
        > know that you will understand in ways that others cannot. I can't
        > say that I feel like crying, screaming, etc. The summer is ending
        > and I will only have two weeks to recover and get ready to face my
        > students. THat doesn't sound like the top of my list right now!
        >
        > Anyway, thanks for listening.
        >
        > Shannon
      • ANN MILLER
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
          Hi Shannon,

          I'm glad Javad is doing fine and I hope he does come home next week.  You
          have been through alot the last few weeks.

          It is sad to hear about Zackery's death.  He was such a little guy.  It always
          makes me feel guilty, when I hear of a death.  Then I stop and THANK GOD,
          Kyle is still with me.  Remember God gave us these little guys for a reason and
          there is a reason for everything that happens.

          You're on an emotional roller coaster and it makes you feel like your world is
          closing in around you.   I feel for you, but you are a strong person.  Just take
          a look at what you and your family have been through.  Remember we are here
          for you and your family.  Sometimes its good to talk things out.  Whatever it is!
          Weather you want to talk, cry, or scream at someone we are here and we do
          understand.  You have been here for us, many times.

          We will pray for your family.  Stay strong!

          God bless,

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 10, 2004
            Shannon, ((((((Big HUGS & Prayers))))) coming your way. Wow so much
            going on!!!
            I sure hope you get some good news soon. I hope things continue to
            improve and Javad gets to come home soon. At least then you can get some
            much needed rest in your own bed.
            What a double whammy with your grandmother and step mother. Please keep
            us posted on how they are doing. It is so hard to always keep up the
            front that you have it all together when you would love to scream or
            just break down. I do understand how you feel. You hang in there and
            know you are in my thoughts and prayers. take care pat