7378All About Me: April 2012

  • tonilouisa71
    Mar 8, 2012
      The Information Point is hoping to publish the next issue of Our World in April and we are now looking for people to take part in our 'All About Me' feature.
      If you would like to take part, please answer the questions below and return
      these to centronuclear.org@... with photos if possible.

      If you are new to the group and haven't seen Our World before, please see our
      back issues at
      http://centronuclear.org.uk/theinformationpoint2010/pages/newsletters/newsletter\
      s.html.

      We are keen to include stories about males and females, of all ages, by people
      affected by all forms of the condition and from anywhere within our global
      community. Answers can be as long or as short as you feel appropriate and you
      may answer for yourself or for a child in your care.

      If you feel there is more you would like to say that isn't covered by the
      questions please feel to amend them or include an introduction about yourself.
      If there is a question you would prefer not to answer, please leave it out.

      If you take part, a draft copy of the article will be sent to you for checking
      prior to publication.

      Our World cannot exist without your contributions, so I hope you will consider taking part, so we can continue rasing awareness of centronuclear and myotubular myopathy.

      Toni Abram

      Questions:

      1. What form of CNM / MTM do you have e.g. dominant, recessive, x-linked,
      unknown?
      2. When did you first get diagnosed?
      3. What symptoms prompted your diagnosis?
      4. How long did it take to get you diagnosis?
      5. How were you diagnosed e.g. muscle biopsy?
      6. What impact did the diagnosis have on you?
      7. Have you explained CNM / MTM to family members and what was their
      reaction?
      8. What implications do you think it has it had on your family?
      9. Has it affected you e.g. telling your children, starting a family, genetic
      counselling?
      10. Do you have advice for people who are looking for a diagnosis?
      11. What are your current symptoms?
      12. What treatment are you having, and have you had?
      13. How did you find a doctor?
      14. What has been your experience of the healthcare system and healthcare
      professionals?
      15. Has your diagnosis had any health insurance implications for you?
      16. What advice would you give to someone who has just been diagnosed with cnm
      / mtm?
      17. What's your favourite book / film / music?
      18. What did you want to be when you were younger?
      19. What is a favourite / memorable event from your childhood?
      20. Who do you think has most influenced you in your life and why?
      21. If you could have dinner with one person, alive or dead, who would it be?
      21. Something you would change?
      22. What's the best advice you've been given or what is your philosophy on
      life?
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic