7363HealthShare Groups - News Update - 2000 plus members and growing

  • ghnfounder
    Mar 27, 2011
      Dear members,

      I want to share with you all about the development and success of the HealthShare Groups  community. For those of you who are not familiar with HealthShare Groups, it is a new healthcare social network specifically created for individuals affected by various diseases and disorders. HealthShare Groups was stated a little less than a year ago to bring all of my Yahoo support groups together under one umbrella community. I have been managing over 600 YahooGroup support communities, including this group for Myotubular Myopathy, for over 10 years now. It has been extremely challenging to deal with each group separately, not to mention, the effort it takes to try and keep out SPAM and SPAMMERS from each of the groups.

      The community at HealthShare Groups  offers one umbrella community now serving 2000+ members. It also offers over 500 disease-specific support sub-groups including one for Myotubular Myopathy.  Members are free to share with our community at-large (2000 members) or share with just the members of their own specific support group.

      Members have the better of two worlds. Sharing with our members at-large helps with educating others about the diseases with live with; and, at the same time, they can learn about the diseases that others struggle with in their day-to-day lives.

      You are invited to check us out. The community is free and you can be a member of both the YahooGroup and HealthShare Groups.

      FYI, we are also on Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/healthsharegrps  and Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_158712917485149&ap=1

      David Hughes

      Myotubular Myopathy YahooGroup Founder

      healthsharegroups@...