736210th Birthday Projects

  • TONI ABRAM
    Mar 10, 2011
      This year the Information Point for Centronuclear and Myotubular Myopathy is celebrating its 10th birthday and as a way of marking the occasion, we have launched two projects with the aim of fundraising and raising awareness.

      The first is a Mosaic Appeal which we hope will raise money for research into centronuclear and myotubular myopathy and provide help to members of our community. The idea of the appeal is rather like selling bricks to build a hospital, except that it is done entirely on the web. Each tile costs £5 to buy, although donations can be higher if wished. Tiles can be purchased by anyone and for any number of reasons - givers may simply want to donate to our cause but tiles could also be purchased to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, as a gift or in memory of someone.

      If you would like to purchase a tile, visit our appeal page at http://theinformationpoint.mosaicappeal.com/index.php/mosaic/index/119.

      Our second birthday project is the Big Sunflower Project. This year, as a way of marking 10 years of our work, we are asking people to grow a sunflower. Sunflowers have been prominent in the design of our website for some time now, so we are asking the CNM / MTM community and anyone else who wants to be involved, to grow a sunflower to raise awareness of centronuclear and myotubular myopathy and later, we then hope to use these photos to produce an online photo gallery showing those who have taken part and their sunflowers.

      If you are interested in taking part in the Big Sunflower Project, please visit the Project page on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Big-Sunflower-Project-for-Centronuclear-and-Myotubular-Myopathy/116874441722013.

      Toni Abram
      Founder
      The Information Point for Centronuclear and Myotubular Myopathy

      http://www.centronuclear.org.uk    http://www.buy.at/cnmmtm

      Luke Carter's Air Ambulance Appeal:

      Help bring Luke home to the UK by donating and/or spreading the word about this appeal at

      www.lukecarterappeal.co.uk/

      and

      http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=SallyCarter1